Southlake Uncontested Divorce Lawyer
Helping Clients Through the Uncontested Divorce Process in Texas
Divorce is a difficult process, but it can be made easier when both parties agree on the terms of the divorce. At Justice Law Firm, our Southlake uncontested divorce attorneys can help you through the process of filing for an uncontested divorce. We can help you draft the necessary paperwork and ensure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process. We are dedicated to delivering you with the compassionate and effective legal representation you need during this challenging time.
Call Justice Law Firm, PC today at (817) 477-6756 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our uncontested divorce attorney in Southlake.
What is an Uncontested Divorce?
An uncontested divorce is considered a legal process in which both parties agree on all key issues, like the division of assets, child custody, and support. This type of divorce is typically faster, less costly, and less emotionally taxing compared to a contested divorce. The amicable nature of an uncontested divorce allows couples to keep more control over the outcome and reduces the need for lengthy court battles.
In an uncontested divorce, the spouses collaborate to create a comprehensive settlement agreement outlining the terms and conditions of their divorce. The agreement is then submitted to the court for approval. Since both parties are in agreement, the court's role is primarily to review the documents and ensure they comply with the law.
What are the Requirements for an Uncontested Divorce in Texas?
While an uncontested divorce offers a more streamlined process, there are specific requirements that must be met in the state of Texas to qualify for this type of dissolution. Here are some key requirements:
- Residency Requirements: In order to file for divorce in the state of Texas, you or your spouse will need to have been a resident of the state for at least six months before filing. Additionally, you will need to have lived in the county where you intend to file for at least 90 days.
- Agreement on Key Issues: For an uncontested divorce, both parties will have to be in agreement on all key issues, including the division of property, debts, child custody, visitation, and child support. Any unresolved disputes may result in the need for a contested divorce.
- Financial Disclosures: Both spouses are required to provide full and accurate financial disclosures to ensure transparency in the division of assets and debts. This information is essential for the court to approve the settlement agreement.
- Waiting Period: Texas law imposes a 60-day waiting period from the time the divorce petition is filed until the divorce could be finalized. This waiting period allows for reflection and ensures that both parties are certain about their decision.
- No History of Domestic Violence: An uncontested divorce may not be suitable if there is a history of domestic violence. In such cases, it is essential to address safety concerns and explore alternative legal options.
Contact Our Uncontested Divorce Attorney in Southlake Today
Navigating an uncontested divorce requires legal expertise and attention to detail. At Justice Law Firm, PC, our skilled Southlake uncontested divorce lawyers are ready to assist you in navigating the legal process and reaching a favorable resolution to your divorce proceedings. Take the first step toward a new chapter in your life by scheduling a consultation with us.
Contact Justice Law Firm, PC today to get started with our Southlake uncontested divorce lawyer.
"Kristina has helped my wife and I with a couple family law related issues. She is always engaged, proactive, organized, and most importantly accessible. Although she is a busy attorney, she is great ..."CL
"I was so lucky to have a friend refer me to Justice Law Firm, and Kristina West. She was always kind, upbeat and never judgmental. Kristina walked me through each step of the divorce process, so that ..."Claudia K
"As a new solopreneur, I need a lot of hand holding and have a lot of questions. Kristina is very patient and researched everything I needed for my contracts. One of my clients said she wanted to work ..."Megan Giles
"Based on my experiences with the legal process and interaction with attorneys, Ms. Justice should be the yardstick by which they are measured."Lonnie
"Marshall has been an incredible asset to me. He is always timely in his responses."Jennifer
Detailed, Thorough Attention for Every Case
Knowledgeable & Personalized Legal Approach
Positive Results for Hundreds of Happy Clients
Locally Acclaimed Quality & Results